Since the NDIS scheme has been introduced, there has been a number of reports showing the impact and potential scale of economic benefits.
ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF NDIS
- 25,000 and 40,000 people with disability have the opportunity to secure employment.
- 34,000 carers will be able to return to the workforce.
- Increased additional taxes and reduced income support to save the Commonwealth budget $1.5 billion to $1.9 billion per annum.
- GDP gain from additional employment of people with disability and carers to be $18 billion to $23 billion.
NUMBER OF NDIS SUPPORTED JOBS BY STATE
When the full scheme rollout completed on 30 June 2019, a number of jobs will be created in the disability sector:
- New South Wales: 27,793
- Australian Capital Territory: 1,141
- Victoria: 2,0721
- Tasmania: 2,034
- South Australia: 6,197
- Western Australia: 9,125
- Northern Territory: 2,398
- Queensland: 17,907
Not only will the NDIS have such a profound impact for people with a disability, but it will increase employment.
It will help those with a disability to be able to find work and also carer numbers will increase as they will return to the workforce to fill these important roles.
The statistics showing potential numbers in each state of Australia will benefit everyone.